Friday, December 7, 2007

R.I.P Valley School Forever?

I just heard today from a reliable source that instead of tearing down half of Valley Elementary and rebuilding, they are going to build a brand new school in Eden. Apparently the bid came in and it was way over what they had budgeted. It will be more cost effective to build a whole new school. They already have land in no other place but right across the street from the house I grew up in. For those of you who don't know where that is, it's on the long straight road that goes from Eden to Huntsville at 5900 E.
There have been rumors for years about an elementary school going in there someday. In the last year or so they subdivided the property and sure enough on the plat map it shows a spot for an elementary. For me this is good and bad news. It's always good news to hear the kids will get a new school, right? But what about good 'ol Valley?? There is so much history there. It's just hard to see things change. Also, I'll miss that big hay field in front of my parents' house. The fields are quickly filling, aren't they?
I'll keep you updated on anything new I hear about this.

No comments: