Monday, February 15, 2010

Yeah! A new Post!

It has been a while, but I finally found something worth writing about. Today when shopping at the local market I came across a pallet of these:


A few posts ago I wrote about the sunglo machine that we had at Valley Elementary. I thought I'd never see these drinks again and there they were. Of course I bought myself one and drank it up tonight. The first sip seemed familiar, but after that I wasn't so sure. It has been at least 20 years since I've tasted the drink so who knows if I could really remember the taste. It reminded me of the 12 oz. ready-made orange juice that you can buy in the store. You pick it because you're trying to find something healthier, but when you take a drink you are disappointed by its bitter taste.
I highly recommend getting the sunglo just for the memories, but I'm not sure you'll want any more than one.
Oh, on the side it said that it was packaged by Admiral Beverage in Ogden, Utah. Who knew?


Coincidentally today I spent time at the good ole Environmental Center. The first flashback upon arrival was the long walk to the building. I distinctly remember complaining about having to walk up there instead of getting dropped off at the door. Do you remember that walk? Their website says it is a .5 mile walk. I worried about the kids because they can barely make it around the block without complaining, but they did surprisingly well. Although it did take us a good while to get up there, it was worth it. It felt like we had the forest to ourselves. It was quiet, peaceful, and so beautiful. That walk alone could have been the event.
When we finally arrived a familiar Valley Elementary face greeted me. Kallee Hawks was also there with her family. She has been a teacher for ten years now and had been up there several times with students, but this was my first time back since probably sixth grade.
The first thing I did upon arrival was take a tour of the dorm.



It looked pretty much the same, but smaller. The kids had fun climbing around for a minute. We didn't make homemade ice cream or get to sleep over, but the snowshoeing was really fun. If you get the chance to go to the Environmental Center again, do so. Hey, maybe we can have a reunion there. Hmmmmm....

2 comments:

lannandem said...

wow...that sure brings back memories! I remember thinking we were so old when we got to sleep overnight at the environmental center...what was it, 6th grade? Great memories! Thanks for posting nikki!

Michelle said...

The Environmental Center was on my mind just the other day... we made ice cream in a can for a young woman's activity and I thought of the first time and I believe the only time I had done that in my youth... The Environmental Center!