There's nothing to write about lately and my time is limited so I'm just going to give you an update on everything I know about our classmates.
...Starting with Kera F. Kera is an AMAZING woman. That girl competed in the RAGNAR relay this past summer and if you don't know how crazy that is, find out at ragnarrelay.com. And if that doesn't impress you Kera also competed in the XTERRA triathlon at Snowbasin a month or two ago. That's like a triathlon on steroids. She swam at pineview dam, biked up Wheeler Creek to Snowbasin and then ran on trails there at Snowbasin. What a gal!! Oh, and a year ago I saw that Brett S. did the Ogden Valley Triathlon with his brothers. Kera competed in that race also.
Erin V. competed in the St. George tri with Michelle B. just a few weeks ago. As you know, Michelle is a breast cancer survivor and Erin says she is an awesome triathlete. Erin isn't bad too. She's especially good at the bike portion.
Ok, who's next. Jocelynn Q. just had a baby girl. That makes three for her. That girl is amazing too. I've been trying to get her to let me do a spotlight on her artwork. She does beautiful watercolor paintings.
Speaking of artwork, Star G. has a blog of which I'll give a link to in the future. She paints, she sews, she even makes lip gloss. I bought one of her paintings for my daughters' room and they LOVE it.
If you want to be entertained just listen to Jenny S. tell you about her summer charts. She made us laugh and cry with her stories this summer at a brunch at Emily F.'s.
Lindsay L. and I get together every once in a while. As I was planning for the reunion over a year ago I discovered she only lived 5 minutes away from me. We became reacquainted through walks once a week until it got cold. She moved, but still lives only ten minutes away now and we still talk and get together. Lindsay is now a stay-at-home mom with two cute little boys. On one or two nights a week though she is Professor Lindsay as she teaches for Weber State. I'm sure the kids even call her "Dr." I smile when I think of it.
I saw Lacy B. a few weeks ago. She and her family have just recently moved back in town. They have lived in Missouri and Minnesota I think, while her husband was in school. Feel free to correct any of this information in the "comments" if I am wrong!
Mary R. is an amazing woman. She taught me how to can pears recently. She is a wise woman and always gives great advice without saying anything!
I spent a lovely evening a few weeks ago with Sharon B. She is another AMAZING woman. I know, I've used "amazing" one too many times, but I'm only telling the truth. Sharon and I spent a lovely evening on her porch swing just laughing and talking while the kids played. It was a sweet treat.
Who else????? Jill A. had a baby a year ago. I haven't seen her since, but I know she has a blog so Jill, cough it up!!
Emily F. is living in Salt Lake and working at Primary Children's. She is a dear friend.
Liz F. is another AMAZING woman. She is pregnant with #6. She home schools, bakes her own bread and is the nicest mom to her children. She lives on a "farm" in Ogden's foothills.
Krista J. is still beautiful and sweet as she ever was. I saw her this summer at Emily F.'s
Goodness, I don't have any news about any boys, except that I saw Clint M. for one second a month ago. Oh, I guess I have one thing. Adam D. is a chiropractor working in Ogden. If you break your back go and see him!
Alright folks, there you have it. And just remember, don't believe everything you read on the Internet!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey, nikki I knew you would make a good blogger!!! You told me you didn't blog!!! Hey, how is it hanging, technically I think I was in that mrs. s. picture, but I think I was home sick when it got taken, because I have that same picture from 1st grade (your second grade). I love the blog thanks for checking in on my blog and posting, I was wondering if I could be a snowcrest blogger even though I am a year (that sounds cool now doesn't it younger....)
I will check in again, hope you are doing good and keeping the kiddies bundled up this cold weather.
cheers, nick nak
love, kal kan
Nikki,
YOU are AMAZING! What a fun blog to read about how everyone is doing!
Thank you and keep it up!
Michelle
Nikki,
You are the best! Way to keep tabs on the valley kids! I love the blog links, fun stuff!
Don't we all love Nikki? We would not be connected at all if it weren't for her. I feel like she is going to single-handedly keep us Valley kids friends for life.
Nikki, Thanks for all the updates on the old valley clan. Our family has finally figured out this whole blogging thing-I think. Please post our blog address for others to view. I would like to see more blogger addresses from everybody. See if you can coax them into sharing with us. My address is http://dbaileyfam.blogspot.com/
later, Dave, Sharleen(Argyle) Bailey and kids(Graham,Lilly,TY & soon to be another baby girl)anytime now!
Post a Comment