
We took our girls up to Mantua today to ice skate. They have a homemade rink there that has nothing on the Huntsville rink. Although I haven't been up to Huntsville's rink this year it's usually pretty good. When my husband and I were dating ten years ago I gave him hockey skates for Christmas and roped him into going ice skating. Now the whole family has skates except for our two-year-old.
Does anyone remember the ice rink at Huntsville park when we were in second grade and maybe even third grade? It was over on the soccer field by the tennis court and they let us skate at recess. It was Mrs. Shiziowa who supplied the skates. I remember thinking how cool it was that we could do that. You know there weren't too many other elementary kids that got that opportunity. When we got the tour of the basement at the reunion I saw a bunch of skates in a box. Who knows, maybe they still let them do it.
I don't know who keeps up the rink at Huntsville, but I hope they'll keep doing it. If you haven't checked it out, do so. It's especially fun at night with the homeade string of lights that stretches between two trees. If you don't have skates, check the D.I. or better yet go straight to Chris Brown's. She has a closet full of 'em.
No comments:
Post a Comment