
I just read in the paper today that the smurfs are having their 50th anniversary this year. They were created in 1958 by cartoonist Pierre Culliford who called them Schtroumpf. Their debut on t.v in the U.S in 1981 made them world famous.
I watched the smurfs every Saturday morning, ate Smurf Berry Crunch for breakfast and played for the "Smurfettes" A.Y.S.O soccer team in 1st grade. I'm sure all of you have similar memories.
Do you remember the names of the Smurfs? I looked it up and found a website with everything you'll ever want to remember about the smurfs. Check it out at www.bluebuddies.com. There was Papa Smurf, Smurfette, Brainy, Lazy, Vanity, Handy, Hefty, Jokey, Clumsy, and others. Oh yes and don't forget Gargamel the bad guy and his sidekick cat Azrael. You can buy the old cartoon episodes on DVD or watch them on Boomerang. Have a smurferiffic day!
No comments:
Post a Comment