Saturday, August 25, 2007

My Family

Remember Mrs. Erickson? Our Home Ec. and P.E. teacher at Snowcrest. Three years ago I married her son Mike. When Mike and I first met and started dating I remember the first time I went over to his parent's house. His mom (Mrs. Erickson) came out and gave me a hug and welcomed me into their home. At first it was like, wait a second this is all wrong, you're suppose to be over in the home ec. room at the school--teacher's live in the school right? Pretty soon it seemed normal to see Mrs. Erickson away from school, and now she makes a very fun, and wonderful mother-in-law--by the way, she has now retired from teaching.

Mike and I have been married for three years now. We have one daughter, Ava Marie, and she will be having her first birthday in October.

I have a degree in Elementary Education, and taught for several years in Las Vegas, Nevada and then in Ogden, Utah. Now that I have a baby, I am a stay-at-home mom who works part time as a reporter, and editor for the Ogden Valley News.

We live in Eden, and I just signed up to participate in the Ogden Valley Triathalon. This will be my first triathalon, but I thought it would be a great way to celebrate my 30's birthday. I guess just to prove that I'm still just a youngster--we all are. . . right?

Hope to see fellow classmates soon--that is if I don't drowned in the reservoir while trying to prove my endless youth!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Kera, cute picture. Did Mrs. Erickson and her husband go on a mission? Was it hard for you to call her by her first name instead of Mrs. Erickson? I see Mr. Toyn at church every week and I can't call him Brother Toyn or Bob. It has to be Mr. Toyn!!
I did that same triathlon a few years ago. It was so fun. I'd like to do it again someday, maybe with you!

Tyler Toone said...

Kera, I bet it's nice having Mrs. Erickson as your mother-in-law in case you need any cooking tips :)

~Tyler